Attempting to Freeze the Stars

On January 5th, I decided to go out again at night and photograph the stars. It was around 31 degrees and dropping. I was outside for about an hour between 8-9 pm. I was very excited about these photographs, and these are my favorites. I am amazed how even if the trees are still (and myself trying to stay completely still but my body is still blurry), but the stars are blurred, showing how in just a small amount of time how Earth moves in just a minute or so.

This was done with a self timer using a flash and the bulb was on a 30 second exposure.

This is probably my favorite out of the shoot. I used a flash here and the exposure was about a minute and thirty seconds.

This photograph was used without flash, and probably around a minute exposure.


We can freeze ourselves with the cold winter weather and stand still for thirty seconds, but no matter how hard we try, we'll never be able to freeze the stars. I hope the passion I have in my heart will always mimic these stars.

Always,

Des'ola

Comments

Popular Posts