Excalibur Bodybuilding & Fitness Show

So this will be a little bit different than my usual [only a little bit ;)]. I had the great opportunity to go to Charleston with my friend, Gaia, to the Excalibur Bodybuilding & Fitness Show. I had never been to one of these in my life, and it was an experience. I was exposed to a culture I was unfamiliar with, and it was wonderful. Seeing all of these people coming together to see others show the determination and work they put into their bodies was an art. I found a new respect with seeing these body builders. For the months and months they worked, day after day, hour upon hour, they have the stage for less than a minute to show what they've done. That is powerful. Another beauty was shown to me that night, and I was lucky to capture them in their art and glory.



I had to post this. This was a part of the body builder's show, and it was great to see how with some, you can't take them too seriously. It is nice to know they've also got the determination to get a laugh from the audience. Success, my friend.












This woman had amazing poses in her show.


She was probably someone's grandmother and is in better shape than I am! Phenomenal.


Gaia and I were going for the woman in the middle. Her name was Wanda.





The following images are of James Wilson.







This was one of my favorite images of the night.






James with his family. Congrats!


Another one of my favorites from the night.











Always,
Des'ola

Comments

  1. Love this but I do agree with you about the telephoto lens. Still nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kayla. That means a lot to me coming from you since this is usually your arena of photography. I actually think if I had the opportunity again, I'd photograph again and bring my telephoto lens with me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts