Lacy's Aunt Debbie

Photography always holds a special place in my heart, but when I was looking through these images and thinking about when I was creating these early this morning, it brought me a comfort knowing I hold photographs of my loved ones so dear. Time slips, fades, and approaches slowly and quickly, usually not in the speed or slow we'd like it to. I want to keep laughter and memories in my mind forever, but just in case it wants to fade, I do hope I have my photographs still to share and remember. I hope with my photography, those who are in them and who see them also see the beautiful power of photography.


The three sisters and brother have not been together for 11 years. This was my favorite of them, catching them in a laugh.


As they were talking with one another and other family members behind me, I kept photographing and loved the faces, so I had to take a few and post.


The three sisters together.


My favorite. When Debbie's husband of about 30 years sat down with her, I hoped to put in a photograph what I visioned.


Debbie, it was a beautiful honor to photograph you and your family coming together. Just being. You remind me much of my Great Aunt Thera. You have a Southern grace about you, prim and still. Stay beautiful, for always. No matter where I go, I will remember this shoot. You gave me a smile to know what I love gives others a great memory to keep and visualize. I got to photograph togetherness with love. For that, I Thank You.

Always,
Des'ola

Comments

Popular Posts